Tuesday, 15 May 2012

Keeping in touch

I would be the first to admit that I know very little about the ever changing world of telecommunications, I am a self confessed techoplonker! I've been agonising over the best solution to keep my mobile easily accessible to others, the most economical way of keeping in touch with them, as well as being able to make local calls to Hotels, Tour Operators etc. Using my mobile with International Roaming would be too expensive, and guided by others, was led to believe that the best way to use my mobile in foreign countries would be to buy a local SIM card in each. Trouble with the latter, I would have to call everyone to let them know my new number every time I changed the SIM.

 

But I think I've found the solution. TravelSIM. TravelSIM is one of many companies offering an easy to use prepaid service that allows the user to make and receive calls, send and receive texts and download data. You replace your existing SIM card, which means a new phone number, but at least you can travel with this same number wherever you go. Following much comparison of rates etc. we decided that TravelSIM is going to be the best and cheapest way for me to travel with my mobile. Within a week of me purchasing my TravelSIM I received a call from them asking if all was well and do I need help setting it up, which I thought was great, but it is a very straight forward process that even I could understand.

I won't be using my phone for data as even this method would prove to be ridiculously expensive. I will just wait until I can get WiFi connectivity and then use either my phones WiFi or my macbook. For those that may wish to call, my phone number is under Contact and my SIM will be in the phone just before 7.00am on August 1st!





No comments: